NORMAN — Friends of the Animals of Norman (FAN) will have their second meeting next week to update supporters and interested citizens about their progress as a new nonprofit organization.
The meeting will be 5:30 p.m. Monday at Norman Public Library in Room A/B, 225 N. Webster Ave. Friends of the Animals of Norman is a nonprofit volunteer organization created to support the staff of the Norman Animal Welfare Center.
The meeting Monday will update supporters and citizens about progress the group has made since its inaugural meeting in January. It will include:
· Introduction of FAN board members and officers
· Unveiling of FAN mission and vision statements
· Update on nonprofit 501(c)3 status
· Presentation by John Bowman, director of the Norman Animal Welfare Center
· Presentation of FAN objectives
With the expansion and new construction of the Animal Welfare Center, the facility will triple in size. The FAN volunteer program was created to try to keep up with the increased number of animals that will need to be taken care. Volunteers are needed for many tasks, including reception work and spending time with the animals.
For more information about FAN, email email@example.com.