NORMAN — Unattended food left on a cooking stove is being blamed for a fire Wednesday night at the Presidential Gardens Apartments in southwest Norman.
Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey said firefighters were notified of the blaze shortly after 10 p.m. Four apartments were damaged. One apartment was vacant. The residents of the other three were provided hotel rooms Wednesday night, Bailey said.
Damage to the apartments and contents was estimated at $100,000. There were no injuries reported. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze.